Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Anniversaries

I signed on and realized that I hadn't posted since September!  I have been going through some personal health issues, that luckily, for now, seem to be minor. 

But the main reason I am here is that today is the 1 year anniversary of my mom's death.  At 10:50 pm, one year ago, my mom took her last breath and stepped into the arms of her Savior. 

Though this year was most certainly better for her than it was last year, the seperation has not been as easy for the family that remains.   It's been an interesting year.  My Dad seems to be plugging along ok and I have my moments but have done far better than I ever dreamed I would. 

I really don't know how the other family members have been dealing with things.  I don't see my aunt and uncles too often, nor extended family either.  Facebook has kept me up to date with my cousins, but that's about it.  I have a Great Aunt that is pushing 100 that is in my care now (more calls to see how she is doing etc)  She was very close to my Mother, so this year has been hard for her.  She has no children, so we were her surrogate children and grandchildren. 

But this year can't have been easy for my mom's siblings.  My mother was kind of the "glue" that held our family together.  She made sure our family at least got together a few times a year.  She remembered all he birthdays, holidays, everything.   I know that mantle has fallen to me, but I am definitely not that type of person.  I have a hard time remembering my own anniversary.  For instance today, the bank I work at sent me a flower for my bank anniversary. Totally forgot!

But this isn't about me.  This is just to say that last year a shining light in this world went out. 

I understand more something my grandmother told me when I was a child.  The older you get the easier it is to leave this world--because more people you know are in the next one that here!

No comments:

Post a Comment