Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Heart Felt Talks

I'm on a mini-vacation this week.  I find that by February, I can't take another minute of  the "get-up-scrape-off-my-car-go-to-work-work-scrape-off-my-car-go-to-lunch-scrape-off-my-car-go-home" rollercoaster and I must have some time off.  Considering this winter has been more active than most, it is even worse than normal.  I found out the other day at the dentist that I am grinding or "bruxing" my teeth in my sleep.  Joy.  I read somewhere stress causes most "bruxing".  Well duh.

So, get to the title, right?  Why heart felt talks.  Well as part of my vacation I have allotted time to my Father.  I went up to his house today to take my car to the dealership to fix my brakes.  While we waited, we sat and slowly started talking about my Mom.  Just as aside, though we mention my Mom all the time, we hardly ever "talk" about her.  Specifically her last few months, days and hours.  It's nice that we can talk now without it becoming a major problem and my dad getting up and saying "let's talk about something else."

We talked together for a good long time.  He listened mostly, but was open to the experience.  It was a good day.  It brought me some places I never intended to go today, but I was glad that we went there. 

So, hopefully this mini-vacation will help me "brux" less and come to some more conclusions about my life.  I just intended to rest, play some spider solitaire, watch TV and read a few books.  I suppose I can fit in personal allumination somewhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment