Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Next Chapter

Let me start by saying, I've always thought bloggers had to be the most self-centered, self important people on the face of the earth.  Let's face it, people blabbing about every moment of their life to total strangers?  Who cares, right?  Well I had, what could be best explained as a, road to Damascus experience when my mother was tentatively diagnosed wtih Multiple System Atrophy.  I say tentatively because most people with this disease don't know they have it until autopsy, but that's another story for another time.  For those of you that are reading this and haven't even cracked open a King James Version or another other version of the Bible, a little translation.  The Apostle Paul was confronted by the risen Christ on the road to Damascus.  It was God in your face on a higher level.  This isn't a sermon, so enough about that. 
Bloggers serve a purpose.  When I found out that not even the doctors at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester knew for sure what why Mom had, I started looking for those around me that had the disease for help.  I happened on a yahoogroups list, but also upon a few bloggers telling their story.  It then dawned on me, not unlike our friend Paul's experience, that articles on WebMD or hours of watching Mystery Diagnosis on Discovery Health aren't the same as hearing the day -to- day experiences of someone going through the disease.  So my mind was changed on blogs forever.

So if you are confused to my purpose and point here, take heart.   This isn't a blog about MSA (though there will be many mentions of it here) and it isn't a blog about the Bible (though it will be quoted liberally here) its about me and about my mother.   Someday I hope to write that book of my mom's life.  But for right now, this will have to be a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment