Thursday, March 25, 2010

Rainy Days and Thursdays

When I woke up this morning, I turned over in bed to the flashing of my television that had obviously not been turned off the night before.   It was on the channel I had been watching when I fell asleep.  On the screen was Discovery Health Channel, a personal favorite of mine.  But on the screen was a show about child birth.  Now, don't get me wrong, I like children and I don't mind the act of childbirth-if someone else is doing it.
But it wasn't what I wanted to look at first thing in the morning.   The program that had been on when I went to sleep must have been something to keep my attention, because I had been watching it, right? 

My point being, life is often like this.   We tend to focus all our energies on a project, give it our heart and soul, time and attention, only to fall asleep at the switch as it morphs into something we aren't as thrilled about.   This can be at work or in your personal life. 

Moral of the story?   Follow through.   Excitement and planning only get you so far.   Follow through to the end with the same diligence and you will succeed with almost anything.   

And on a personal note.  Don't assume that person you love and are thinking about will be flickering in the morning like my television.  The OFF button may get pushed during the night.  Call them now.  You'll thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment