Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Coming back to life

If you are a follower of this blog, you realize that Sunday, and the week preceeding it, were not the best of times for me.    However, as I woke this dreary Indiana morning to the rain pelting down, melting the snow, fog rising as people bustled back to work in the Irelandesque damp cold, I found myself revived.  It doesn't take much these days for me to realize how fortunate I am.  That is what death and grief gives you, the ability to see beauty in even the most unwelcoming of days.    The temporary respite of winter that came in the form of cold rain showers is going to be just that, temporary.  We have snow and possible ice to look forward to this afternoon and later in the week, but I will get by. 

My husband, Dan, is working 7 days a week right now.  Poor guy.  Third shift isn't that fun 5 days a week, let alone 7.  I try to baby him as much as I can while putting in my own 40-50 hours a week.  He seems to like it, so I continue to do it.

So those of you reading, take heart.  I am back among the land of the living.  Hope you can find beauty in your day, depsite how cold or dreary it might be outside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment