Thursday, April 15, 2010

And the hits just keep on comin'!

I thank God now for trials as well as blessings.  Does that sound crazy?  Well it isn't, really.  We are called to thank the Lord for both, equally.  In truth, we are called to thank Him for the trials more.   Do you ever feel like your Christian walk begins to get less and less a priority when things are good?  It's human nature.  If things are good, we go along with our nomal lives, getting lulled into a sense of security.   It is evil?  Probably not, its just the way we are.  Can evil draw us there?   Sure can.  

Well, its obvious that I've been through my share of trials lately.  I thought I would mention a few more that just happened the past month or so.  My husband lost his job in February, his car died on Tuesday and we had to shell out repairs, his computer broke down, my car's check engine light came on, work has been stressful.  I could go on. 

But my husband and I just laughed.  Yes, laughed.  "Boy,"  my husband said, "We must be doing something right to be attacked this much!"  Yes I believe that attacks come from the enemy to steal our joy or make us turn our backs on God.  If you aren't a believer, you'll find all this rather nutty.  But that's the way it is, whether you believe it or not. 

On the up side, my husband  received a small inheritance that has helped things, his car was fixed and cost less than we thought, his computer was covered under the warranty and my care was fine.   All worked out ok.  Does it always work out ok?  No.  But I will still praise the Lord in my trials.  I may not like it, but praise is a choice, not a reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment